Invisalign Clear Braces
If you’ve avoided orthodontic treatment in the past because you didn’t want to spend two or more years dealing with metal brackets and wires, you’ll be excited to know about the alternative to traditional orthodontics. It’s Invisalign, a clear braces system for adults and older teens. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth to enjoy the benefits of a well-aligned bite and stronger self-confidence -- all in about a year, on average. Keep reading to learn more about this wonderful orthodontic solution from the 75089 dentist, Dr. Lonnie Guardiola.
Invisalign: Clear Braces for Subtle Straightening
Over three million patients worldwide have taken advantage of the clear advantages offered by Invisalign. The system uses a series of custom-fit, removable plastic aligners to place focused pressure on different parts of the bite throughout the procedure. It can correct a number of orthodontic issues.
Invisalign is a good option for patients dealing with these common alignment problems.
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Overbite, when the top teeth reach too far over the bottom teeth
- Underbite, when the bottom teeth partially cover the top
- Crossbite, when the top and bottom teeth don’t meet properly
In addition to the improved self-confidence that comes from straight teeth, proper tooth alignment facilitates in more effective brushing and flossing for improved dental health. Speaking may become easier, too, and jaw health improves when the top and bottom teeth come together properly.
Multiple Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign trays are removable, allowing you to continue brushing and flossing like you’re used to -- so there are no barriers to excellent dental health.
- There are no restrictions on diet, either. Keep eating what you like, discreetly removing the trays before each meal.
- With clear plastic trays, chances are excellent that no one will ever realize you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- As long as you’re wearing your trays for the recommended 20-22 hours each day, you can remove them before presentations, big meetings... or just whenever your lifestyle requires it.
- The average Invisalign treatment lasts just one year, meaning you spend less time at the dentist’s office and more time enjoying your new, straighter teeth.
Post-Invisalign: Retaining Your Results
Just like with any orthodontic treatment, once you’ve completed your Invisalign treatment and your beautiful teeth are revealed, you’ll need to maintain your results with a retaining device. The Vivera retainer looks and feels just like the aligners you’re used to, so remembering to wear the retainer usually isn’t an issue. Many patients are able to move to nightwear after three to six months, and after about a year of proper use your need will be re-evaluated. Teeth will move back to their original place without proper retaining, so don’t forget that this aspect of your Invisalign treatment is just as important as the initial straightening phase.
Get Started With Invisalign in Wylie TX Today!
If you’d like to benefit from clear braces, don’t wait to get in touch with the Wylie office of Dr. Guardiola. We love serving patients from Murphy, Lucas, Sachse and beyond -- contact us to schedule your visit today!